Lead Software Developer
Based in Los Angeles, with locations in Vancouver, Sydney, Pune, London, Chicago, Detroit and New York, Method is a leading post production facility providing a full range of visual effects services. As an artist driven company Method is built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals who have created award winning visual effects for Feature Film, Commercials and Music Videos.
Our Santa Monica studio is looking for a Lead Software Developer to implement and improve our existing in-house pipeline and toolset, as well as integrate and maintain various 2D and 3D third party software applications.
The position involves design, implementation, testing and debugging of productivity-enhancing tools for artists and supervisors. Additionally the role requires strong technical and problem solving skills, experience in software design, graphics, and production workflow. Excellent communication, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are critical. Productive interaction and discussions with the rest of the development team is paramount.
- 3+ years Film and or TV production experience
- 3+ years experience in a software development environment
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable professional experience
- Proficient knowledge of Python, C/C++, MEL, SVN, Bash, Perl
- Significant experience with Linux, OSX, Windows, QT libraries, Boost libraries, OpenGL
- Working knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Nuke and other VFX-related packages and APIs
- Ability to meet timelines and work under pressure while still selecting the best methods and techniques for the positive progression of the facility pipeline and toolset.
Resumes can be sent to: email@example.com
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO